How to Prepare for a Home Remodeling Project
A home renovation can be exciting but also stressful. You can alleviate some of that stress and make the process smoother by doing some prep work. There are many types of home renovations, so we’ve listed some basic preparation steps that anyone can take before undertaking a home remodeling project.
Take A Photo
This step isn’t necessary, but taking a “before photo” can give you great satisfaction when you take an “after photo” at the end of the project.
Organize Your Belongings
Decide which of your possessions might be in the way of the renovation and then store or remove those items as necessary.
Prepare for Dust and Dirt
Some ways to reduce the amount of clean-up after the renovation include:
- Covering up surfaces and furniture
- Rolling up area rugs to avoid increased foot traffic
- Close doors for dust control
Reconsider Your Normal Schedule
Think through your usual routine and consider how you might need to adjust for the renovation. Some examples include:
- Showering at a friend’s house or the gym if you have a bathroom remodel
- Working in a different room or from a café to avoid the sounds of construction
- Eating out if you have a kitchen renovation
- Securing your pets away from the remodel to reduce their stress and keep them out of the workers’ way
Inform Your Neighbors
Your neighbors may be more tolerant of the noisy machines and giant dumpster on your driveway if you let them know what’s happening ahead of time.
Choose a Professional Team
One of the best ways to set yourself up for success is by choosing a team of professional renovators. Durante Home Exteriors™ is a family-run company with certified installers who always arrive at your home wearing uniforms and in a vehicle with our logo. We have over 20 years of experience in the industry, so you can count on us for high-quality craftsmanship and service. Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about our products and services.