Durante Home Exteriors Scholarship
One lucky student will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship from Durante Home Exteriors. To apply, please review the qualifications and deadlines listed below.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Full-time, U.S. undergraduate student seeking a degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Building Science, Architecture, Business, Engineering, Environmental Design, Entrepreneurship + Family Business, or related fields.
- Must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA and provide a copy of their school transcript.
- Submit an original 1,000 – 1,500 word essay entitled “Durante Home Exteriors Scholarship”. All submissions must be signed with the student’s full name and .edu email address.
The student must answer one of the following essay prompts:
- Energy efficiency has drastically changed construction throughout history. Things like windows, doors, and siding have spearheaded residential energy savings. What do you think is the next big product to promote/streamline energy savings? Why?
- Maintenance-free products are becoming more and more popular for residential homes. Things like decks, windows, and doors are offered as “virtually maintenance-free.” What do you think should be the next product to move toward the maintenance-free trend? In what ways should this product be maintenance-free? How will this change the original product and the maintenance required for it?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
Attn: Johnathan Honeycutt
5061 Cardinal St,
Trussville, AL 35173
Essay must be postmarked by November 30th, annually.
Winner chosen by December 15th, annually.
Disbursement awarded by January 7th, annually.
Terms and Conditions (DURANTEWINDOWS.COM)
- The Durante Home Exteriors award will be submitted to the financial aid office that corresponds to the student’s primary .edu email address.
- All submissions will be judged by Durante Home Exteriors’ scholarship team based on creativity and writing ability.
- To confirm enrollment, the winner may be asked to provide personal identification information.
- If at the time of disbursement, the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements, Durante Home Exteriors will withhold the award.
- Durante Home Exteriors reserves the right to withhold disbursement in the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude.
- Durante Home Exteriors employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
We are committed to protecting our scholarship applicants’ privacy. Any personally identifiable information provided by a scholarship applicant in the context of applying for a scholarship will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected (i.e., to verify scholarship eligibility and/or to contact the applicant regarding the scholarship). We will not share, sell, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to third parties without the applicant’s explicit permission, and we will not use a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to sell and/or advertise our products and/or services to him/her, unless otherwise specified in the scholarship guidelines. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information as required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and we also reserve the right to modify this policy at any time with or without notice.